Announcing Istio 1.3.1
This release includes bug fixes to improve robustness. This release note describes what’s different between Istio 1.3.0 and Istio 1.3.1.
- Fixed an issue which caused the secret cleanup job to erroneously run during upgrades (Issue 16873).
- Fixed an issue where the default configuration disabled Kubernetes Ingress support (Issue 17148)
- Fixed an issue with handling invalid
UTF-8characters in the Stackdriver logging adapter (Issue 16966).
- Fixed an issue which caused the
destination_servicelabel in HTTP metrics not to be set for
- Fixed an issue with the
destination_servicelabel in the
istio_tcp_connections_opened_totalmetrics which caused them to not be set correctly (Issue 17234).
- Fixed an Envoy crash introduced in Istio 1.2.4 (Issue 16357).
- Fixed Istio CNI sidecar initialization when IPv6 is disabled on the node (Issue 15895).
- Fixed a regression affecting support of RS384 and RS512 algorithms in JWTs (Issue 15380).
- Added support for
.Values.global.priorityClassNameto the telemetry deployment.
- Added annotations for Datadog tracing that controls extra features in sidecars.
- Added the
pilot_xds_push_timemetric to report Pilot xDS push time.
istioctl experimental analyzeto support multi-resource analysis and validation.
- Added support for running metadata exchange and stats extensions in a WebAssembly sandbox. Follow these instructions to try it out.
- Removed time diff info in the proxy-status command.