Announcing Istio 1.1.1
We're pleased to announce the availability of Istio 1.1.1. Please see below for what's changed.
BEFORE YOU UPGRADE
Things to know and prepare before upgrading.
Download and install this release.
Visit the documentation for this release.
Inspect the full set of source code changes.
Bug fixes and minor enhancements
- Configure Prometheus to monitor Citadel (Issue 12175)
- Improve output of
istioctl verify-installcommand (Issue 12174)
- Reduce log level for missing service account messages for a SPIFFE URI (Issue 12108)
- Fix broken path on the opt-in SDS feature's Unix domain socket (Issue 12688)
- Fix Envoy tracing that was preventing a child span from being created if the parent span was propagated with an empty string (Envoy Issue 6263)
- Add namespace scoping to the Gateway ‘port’ names. This fixes two issues:
- Five bug fixes for locality weighted load balancing:
- Fix bug causing empty endpoints per locality (Issue 12610)
- Apply locality weighted load balancing configuration correctly (Issue 12587)
- Locality label
istio-localityin Kubernetes should not contain
- Fix crash in locality load balancing (Issue 12649)
- Fix bug in locality load balancing normalization (Issue 12579)
- Propagate Envoy Metrics Service configuration (Issue 12569)
- Do not apply
VirtualServicerule to the wrong gateway (Issue 10313)