Announcing Istio 1.2.1
We're pleased to announce the availability of Istio 1.2.1. Please see below for what's changed.
BEFORE YOU UPGRADE
Things to know and prepare before upgrading.
Download and install this release.
Visit the documentation for this release.
Inspect the full set of source code changes.
- Fix duplicate CRD being generated in the install (Issue 14976)
- Fix Mixer unable to start when Galley is disabled (Issue 14841)
- Fix environment variable shadowing (NAMESPACE is used for listened namespaces and overwrites Citadel storage namespace (istio-system))
- Fix cause of ‘TLS error: Secret is not supplied by SDS’ errors during upgrade (Issue 15020)
- Allow users to disable Istio default retries by setting retries to 0 (Issue 14900)
- Introduction of a Redis filter (this feature is guarded with the environment feature flag
PILOT_ENABLE_REDIS_FILTER, disabled by default)
- Add HTTP/1.0 support to gateway configuration generation (Issue 13085)
- Add toleration for Istio components (Pull Request 15081)